Event Code of Conduct
We Persist (a project of The Advocacy Fund) is dedicated to providing a harassment-free event experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form. Event participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event without a refund at the discretion of the event organizers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the event organizers retain the right to take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expelling them from the event with no refund. Event organizers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
We expect participants to follow these rules at all event venues and event-related social events.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact an event staff member immediately. Event staff members will be happy to help you contact venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
We Persist event staff can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.